The Residences at Thomas Circle is currently hiring a Utility Aide! We have a Full Time position and a PRN position available!
The Utility Clerk performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non‑food supplies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs under the direction of supervisory personnel, dish and pot washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non‑food supplies.
- Sets up the dish and pot washing area.
- Prepares for dish washing and washes pots, dishes and utensils.
- Distributes and stores clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Cleans and sanitizes production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Empties trash containers as required.
- Responds to resident emergency call system.
- Maintains standards for personal appearance and cleanliness.
- Maintains safe and sanitary conditions.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in cost control measures and labor cost evaluations.
- Inspects equipment to determine repair or maintenance needs and cleanliness.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Meridian Senior Living and its managed community The Residences at Thomas Circle fully embraces a culture of hospitality and customer satisfaction, to that end, all employees are expected to greet residents, employees and guests, by name and with a smile. Treat everyone with respect, to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs, listen and respond a timely manner, to embrace every person values and differences. In addition we expect that every employee maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times. And we must pay attention to details.
- Ability to set up and operate dish washing equipment.
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance (Preferred)
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
- Serve Safe Certification s plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Social Skills in order to work effectively with residents, families, visitors, peers, supervisors, and other outside contacts.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Works indoors; must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day; must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. independently; must be able to push and pull bus carts and tray carts weighing up to 100 lbs. independently; must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. Must be able to perform sweeping/mopping functions with ease. May be exposed to quick variance of hot and cold temperatures from ovens and freezers. May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals, and to hot water temperatures regularly. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs unassisted. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org