The Residences at Thomas Circle is currently recruiting for an experienced Cook!
As a crucial member of the Dining Services team, the Cook is responsible for the preparation of all food items for independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing residents. Join an excellent team that is dedicated to providing only the best to the residents of our unique and diverse in-town Senior Living community.
Essential Job Duties :
- Prepares all soups, stocks, sauces; boils, braises and roasts items per standardized recipes.
- Prepares and serves all sautéed, fried, grilled, steamed and baked items per standardized recipes.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following standard recipes and special diet orders. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food is preserved.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and seeing that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
- Responds to resident emergency call system.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Meridian Senior Living and its managed community The Residences at Thomas Circle fully embraces a culture of hospitality and customer satisfaction, to that end, all employees are expected to greet residents, employees and guests, by name and with a smile. Treat everyone with respect, to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs, listen and respond a timely manner, to embrace every person values and differences. In addition we expect that every employee maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times. And we must pay attention to details.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a cook in a hotel, restaurant, country club or similar institution is required.
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Some knowledge of nutrition and diet is required.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic. Ability to understand measurements and conversions.
- Serve Safe Certification s plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Social Skills in order to work effectively with residents, families, visitors, peers, supervisors, and other outside contacts.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com