Cook - Full Time
Villas of Holly Brook - Chatham is looking to hire an additional Cook to join our growing Kitchen Team! We are looking for the perfect candidate who desires to serve and work with a great team to better the lives of others!
6 months of Experience Preferred. Don't have a Sanitation or Food Handler Certificate? Don't worry! We will pay to get you Certified!
We are looking for leaders that will enrich the lives of our residents, families and employees through extraordinary experiences . . . because everyone deserves a great life!
Our community is BEAUTIFUL and we boast a unique Restaurant Style atmosphere in our Dining Room! As a Cook, you will work closely with our Dining Services Manager and will be responsible for the Community's food ordering, preparation, and delivery as well as kitchen sanitation. Tasks in this role include ensuring food is prepared in a nutritional and appetizing fashion, maintaining supplies and equipment, and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent and successfully complete training as required by State regulations
- Six (6) months’ prior experience in a food service department preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Obtain Food Handlers Permit as required by State regulations
- Supervisory experience desirable
- Previous experience working with the elderly
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
- Must practice and promote Meridian Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles
- Must meet all health requirements and pass background checks
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com