CNA/Certified Nursing Assistant
Thomas Circle is currently hiring for a full time and part time CNA!
The Certified Nursing Assistant is to assists the Licensed Nursing Staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting and exercising.
- Gives treatments, performs tests, carries out procedures and collects specimens as instructed.
- Reports and records observations and results of treatments, tests, procedures and specimens when indicated.
- Transfers, transports and escorts residents as needed.
- Answers signal lights promptly.
- Changes bed linens, makes beds and keeps rooms clean and orderly.
- Assures effective communication with other shifts and departments as it relates to resident care.
- Some “on call” is required.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work stations and equipment.
- Encourages independence, attendance at activities, restorative programs and rehabilitation.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Meridian Senior Living and its managed community The Residences at Thomas Circle fully embraces a culture of hospitality and customer satisfaction, to that end, all employees are expected to greet residents, employees and guests, by name and with a smile. Treat everyone with respect, to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs, listen and respond a timely manner, to embrace every person values and differences. In addition we expect that every employee maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times. And we must pay attention to details.
- Successful completion of a State approved Geriatric nursing assistant training program.Prior geriatric nursing aide experience is preferred.Registration with the Washington DC Registry required.
- Must have a current CPR certification.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to document care given in electronic medical records (minimum knowledge of computer is required)
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Social Skills in order to work effectively with residents, families, visitors, peers, supervisors, and other outside contacts.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; may be exposed to blood and body fluids which may contain HIV and/or HBV; must be able to transport residents via wheelchair, gerichair or shower chair, pushing up to 150 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to transfer, lift, turn and position a resident weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. Must be able to stoop, bend, stretch, squat, stand, and walk for up to 90% of the work day. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to reach up to a level of six feet; must be able to push a dietary cart up to 40 lbs. unassisted. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. occasionally.
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org