CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant - Night Shift
St. George, UT
The Retreat at Sunbrook is currently hiring a Full Time and Part Time CNA to join our Night Shift Team! The hours for this position are 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.
The Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) is a member of the personal services staff and is responsible for assisting the resident in all areas of care as assigned by the Resident Care Coordinator, Registered Nurse or Administrator.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Adheres to and conveys facility’s philosophy of maintaining elements of self-care and encouraging independence.
- Receives report from the previous shift.
- Reads the shift-to-shift report and shower schedule for information and changes before coming on shift. Documents in the shift-to-shift report book and ADL binder before going off shift.
- Assists with activities of daily living, environmental orientation, vital signs, simple treatments, and other care.
- Escorts residents to and from dining room while encouraging residents to find their own way.
- Assist with serving meals and dining room duties as instructed.
- Provides laundry and housekeeping services to residents as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control via proper handling of equipment, soiled linen, bedpans, urinals, and adequate hand-washing.
- Documents care given; adhering to facility policies and procedure.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors including housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Reports deficiencies observed in resident apartments clothing/linen and facility in general.
- Observes any changes in resident physical or mental status and communicates to Resident Care Coordinator, Administrator or Registered Nurse.
- Is thoroughly familiar with fire, missing persons and other emergency procedures. Follows facility policy and procedures detailed in fire and disaster plans.
- Avoids loss, breakage, and waste of supplies and equipment.
- Assures door is alarmed at all times.
- Assists with resident activity programs as assigned.
- Wears name tag at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or Administrator.
- Performs resident care with an awareness of dignity and individuality, with understanding and concern.
- Maintains acceptable attendance record; notifies supervisor if late or unable to work in accordance with personnel policies; follows work schedule.
- Requires minimal supervision. Is a self-starter.
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately; sets priorities and accomplishes assigned tasks.
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action; demonstrates consistently pleasant demeanor tone of voice, supports the philosophy and approach to care used by the facility.
- Keeps resident information confidential; respects resident’s rights; respects privacy and right to self-determination of residents.
- Performs unpleasant tasks with grace; works cooperatively with supervisors and displays willingness to assist co-workers.
- Abides by established policies and procedures of facility. Looks for ways to improve facility functioning.
- Keeps work areas neat and clean; helps maintain appearance of facility.
- Is able to communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing.
- Has ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly.
- Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
- Is accurate, dependable, neat and thorough in assigned tasks.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com