Water's Edge is currently hiring for Caregiver/Shahbaz/Resident Aide to join our team! We currently have openings on various shifts.
Caregiver/Shahbaz/Resident AideJOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing personal care and delegated nursing services designed to maintain the Elder’s physical and emotional well being. An applicant should have an interest in caring for Elders, a willingness to work as a member of a team and an understanding of the requirements of the position.
Caregiver/Shahbaz/Resident Aide RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
The Caregiver/Shahbaz/Resident Aide will provide care to the Elders living in Water’s Edge. Their primary role is to protect, sustain, and nurture the Elders by providing assistance with activities of daily living, and meeting other needs as required. The core goal of the work of the Caregiver/Shahbaz/Resident Aide will be to provide assistance, which promotes a high quality of life and a positive Elderhood. The responsibilities of the Caregiver/Shahbaz/Resident Aide include care of the Elder and the Elders’ environment, including cooking, laundry, and housekeeping. The Caregiver/Shahbaz/Resident Aide is a member of a self managed work team and is responsible for coordinating aspects of the team’s work.
- Assist the Elder with personal cares which may include all or some of the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering, rubbing with lotions, fingernail cares and foot cares if instructed to do so by an RN, redirection of a confused Elder, and other cares as assigned.
- Assist in use of hearing aids and glasses for Elders.
- Help each Elder to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the RN according to the Elder’s individualized care plan.
- Observe Elder and report changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight, etc.
- Prepare meals as directed, following special meal plans if instructed.
- Dust, vacuum, mop and other cleaning chores as scheduled and assigned
- Lead Elder activities as scheduled and assigned.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas to prevent decubitis and provide skin care according to policy.
- Make occupied and unoccupied beds and change bed linens.
- Assist moving, positioning and transporting elders into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assure that call cord is within reach of the elder at all times and answered promptly.
- Communicate with co-workers at all levels to adequately meet the needs of elders
- Meet with the clinical support team as scheduled or needed, to discuss elders needs and progress in identifying and correcting problems.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org