Water's Edge is currently hiring for Caregiver/Shahbaz to join our team! We currently have openings on various shifts.
Caregiver/Shahbaz JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing personal care and delegated nursing services designed to maintain the Elder’s physical and emotional well being. An applicant should have an interest in caring for Elders, a willingness to work as a member of a team and an understanding of the requirements of the position.
The Caregiver/Shahbaz will provide care to the Elders living in Water’s Edge. Their primary role is to protect, sustain, and nurture the Elders by providing assistance with activities of daily living, and meeting other needs as required. The core goal of the work of the Caregiver/Shahbaz will be to provide assistance, which promotes a high quality of life and a positive Elderhood. The responsibilities of the Caregiver/Shahbaz include care of the Elder and the Elders’ environment, including cooking, laundry, and housekeeping. The Caregiver/Shahbaz is a member of a self managed work team and is responsible for coordinating aspects of the team’s work.
- Assist the Elder with personal cares which may include all or some of the following: shampooing of hair, assist with showering, rubbing with lotions, fingernail cares and foot cares if instructed to do so by an RN, redirection of a confused Elder, and other cares as assigned.
- Assist with dressing, grooming and oral cares as assigned.
- Assist in use of hearing aids and glasses for Elders.
- Help each Elder to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the RN according to the Elder’s individualized care plan.
- Observe Elder and report changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight, etc.
- Prepare meals as directed, following special meal plans if instructed.
- Dust, vacuum, mop and other cleaning chores as scheduled and assigned
- Lead Elder activities as scheduled and assigned.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas to prevent decubitis and provide skin care according to policy.
- Make occupied and unoccupied beds and change bed linens.
- Assist moving, positioning and transporting elders into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assure that call cord is within reach of the elder at all times and answered promptly.
- Communicate with co-workers at all levels to adequately meet the needs of elders
- Meet with the clinical support team as scheduled or needed, to discuss elders needs and progress in identifying and correcting problems.
- Report accidents and incidents when they occur.
- Assist with and/or perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as outlined by the care plan.
- Measure and record weight and height.
- Report any Elder abuse or suspected abuse to the Director of Health and Wellness immediately.
- Assist with the application of slings, elastic bandages, binders, etc.
- Provide range of motion exercises.
- Attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going training and educational classes.
- Follow established safety precautions and observe, monitor and intervene or report to the guide, unsafe conditions in Water’s Edge.
- Follow established smoking regulations and report violations.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of elder care, procedures, and documentation.
- Prepare, serve, and clean up after meals and snacks.
- Launder clothing, linen and other articles.
- Clean and maintain the environment of Water’s Edge.
- Observe standard precautions per Water’s Edge policy.
- Document observed data per Water’s Edge policy.
- Keep all areas of Water’s Edge clean.
- Prepare and serve meals, between meal, bedtime and other nutritional snacks per the posted menu and the stated preferences of the elder.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties.
- Perform other related duties as required by the elder.
Meridian Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com